Saturday 28th May 2011 | 2pm til late
After getting married, we will be celebrating this special occasion with our guests at the local Hunting Lodge Promnice, which has a long and interesting history.
The Hunting Lodge Promnice was built between 1760-1766 by Jan Adam – the last descendant of the old Silesian family Promnice. In the 19th century Jan Henryk XI Hochberg was looking for a forest residence, which would comply with the aspirations of German aristocrats. The Shooting Lodge was perfect and he had it completely refurbished and the works finished in 1861. The main asset was the surrounding forests, which were a home to various chase game. To make the place even more interesting and appealing, they decided to bring bisons to this area.
Unfortunately, during a hunting expedition in 1867, the lodge burnt down. It was re-built the next year and to this day keeps the original construction and architecture. The English wife of Jan Henryk XI – Maria Teresa Cornwallis (princess Daisy), who was one of the most beautiful aristocratic women of the 19th century, especially loved the shooting lodge in Promnice. The venue was often visited by many country leaders, including the German Emperor Wilhelm II and the Russian Emperor Alexander II.
The Hunting Lodge Promnice was given to the Public Treasury in the 1930s. To start with the National Forests were responsible for the supervision and maintenance, and after that the mines and miners unions. However, in 2003 the Shooting Lodge Promnice is back to being the property of the Public Treasury.
|Hotel Noma Residence Zameczek Myśliwski Promnice
43-210 Kobiór k/Tychów
+48 (32) 219 46 7
How to get there
The Hunting Lodge Promnice is situated in close proximity from Tychy (7km), Pszczyna (8km), Katowice (20km) and Krakow (65km), and also from international route E75.
When travelling from Katowice, please take route NR1 to Bielsko Biała, passing by Tychy. Before the forests you will see a billboard saying “Hunting Lodge Promnice” with the information there is 2200m more. Please then turn right into a concrete path – the signs will lead to the venue.